Monday 17 February 2014

More for Me

I've been wanting to make a skirt - so I took the gamble with the Liesl+Co 'Everyday Skirt' recently.  I was not optimistic about how a gathered skirt would look on my body shape so please understand that I have put these photos here for the sake of my craft - not as a form of flattery.


The fabric is a very thin brown 'slubby' cotton that I found in my stash and could have been there for 10+ years.  It was so thin that I needed to line it.  This was not an easy task, considering how the skirt is constructed, but it ignoring a couple of little gaps in the side seams, it works.


The pattern was great to follow and fun to sew.  I did have to follow Liesl's advice and wait until the garment was finished before passing judgement - it did look slightly odd mid-way.


The lining makes it a super comfy skirt to wear and it is nice to have room for movement - especially on hot summer days.  Size wise - I made the medium but used a longer waistband to cover my stomach.  I don't think I'd need to do this next time as the skirt size really depends on the hip width only.

I would, probably, make this again.  It would depend on the fabric, as I'd like a balance between drape and weight.  I'm not going to wear it when 'going to town' but it will do for local trips and days at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...